How to choose your sportswear in 2021? Your sports outfit will accompany you in all your workouts and you must be perfectly comfortable wearing it. Leggings, bras, t-shirts or even shoes, you must choose these clothes with care. What are the criteria to be taken into account? We take stock step by step.
THE DIFFERENT MATERIALS AND FIT
Fitness clothing for men and women is designed with synthetic fibers such as polyester, polyamide, and elastane. These materials are totally suitable for high-intensity sports such as circuit training, HIIT, and fitness. Leggings, shorts, tank tops, or even t-shirts, we, therefore, favor these fabrics for the entire outfit.
Do you prefer wellness activities like Pilates, yoga, or gentle gym? Turn to cotton sports set for added comfort.
In terms of fit, you have the choice between an oversized (loose) or close-fitting model.
To avoid friction and be as comfortable as possible, we advise you to opt for the second option.
Buy the best Bondi set leggings & sports bra from our online store.
Now that you have determined the material and the cut, take a look at the technical characteristics of your women’s sports suit:
– Breathability: do you tend to sweat a lot? The ideal is to wear sportswear that absorbs and wicks away moisture quickly. Thus, you stay dry and you avoid the feeling of discomfort and cold. Consider leggings or tank tops with ventilated panels if the practice is intense.
– Extensibility: it is a real guarantee of comfort. The fabric must follow your movements perfectly and be flexible enough. The flexes, extensions, and other jumps are yours!
– Opacity: choose densely woven leggings to limit the sheer effects during your squat sessions. Be careful, do not always rely on the color of the garment!
It is very important to consider the time and location of training when choosing your workout outfit.
If you do cardio fitness indoors: bet on an outfit consisting of leggings and a t-shirt, possibly a jacket.
For outdoor sports addicts, simply use common sense:
– If the weather is hot, opt for low coverage fitness clothing: a tank top (or simply a bra) and shorts will do.
– Are the temperatures cool? You can put sports tights under your shorts and wear a long-sleeved t-shirt.
– It’s windy? Hop, we adopt the “3 layers” system: long-sleeved underwear in synthetic fibers to absorb perspiration, a jacket to stay warm, and a windbreaker so you don’t fly away!
In all cases, we avoid cotton sportswear for fitness, cardio circuits, or cross-training. Indeed, this material tends to evacuate moisture less well than synthetic fibers.
It’s very simple, the bra is a must-have for a women’s fitness outfit. It supports your chest and minimizes rebounds to prevent it from “tossing” during your training. Regarding the selection criteria, here are some tips to avoid making mistakes:
– Choose a cut that frees your shoulder blades and leaves you free to move: the racerback (in Y) or the crossed back (in X) are two good models. adapted.
– Cardio circuits, fitness, and cross-training are impact sports: choose a bra with moderate or greater support.
– Generous breasts require more support: opt for specific bras.
At Decathlon, we are aware that all breasts must benefit from appropriate support. We offer a range of sports bras from XS to XL for standard cups, and from S to 3XL for deep cups.
We cannot repeat it enough: there is a shoe for each sport! You can’t use fitness sneakers to go jogging or rock climbing (well, yes, you can, but that’s not recommended at all!).
The second mistake would be to buy athletic shoes thinking only about your style. Here again, you are on the wrong track, because the priority is elsewhere.
You must choose your sports sneakers according to your activity and the type of impact. For cardio fitness, choose shoes with good cushioning to absorb jumps, jumps, and bounces. It should support your forefoot to stabilize your support when changing direction. Finally, choose light sports shoes so as not to have the impression of dragging a ball on each foot …
Advice: do not wait until your sole is completely worn out before changing your sports shoes. You could weaken your ankles and injure yourself. If you exercise regularly, it is advisable to buy a new pair once every 2 years or so.